ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER!!!
We are happy to announce the winner of the English to Hindi Translation Sprint held on 14th September 2020.We congratulate all the participants and look forward to more participation in future such activities. All participants abide by the competition rules will receive the e-certificate on the registered email address.
Click here to view the winners....!!!
English to Hindi Translation Sprint
English to Hindi Translation Sprint is organized by C-DAC, Pune. This Translation event is a part of the overall National Language Translation Mission, envisioned by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India. The objective of this event is to encourage the translation activities and build a culture. Students, professors, officers, translators, translation agencies, etc are being encouraged to participate. As the translation culture grows, it will be more beneficial to increase the content in the Indian language and this will also fuel the Indian language technology development industry across the nation.
Important dates announcements
- Announcement of challenge & registration opening date - 14th September 2020.
- Last date of registration - 18th September 2020
- Release of files to be translated - 20th September 2020
- Submission of translated files by participant - 24th September 2020.
- Announcement of result - 23rd December 2020
Rules for the competition
- The translation event is open for the general public including students, professors, officers, translators, translation agencies etc.
- The participant must be 16 years of age and above.
- Organizer & their relatives can not participate in this event.
- Participant registration is mandatory. Each participant can register with only one email ID. Multiple registrations of one participant by whatsoever means are not allowed and will result in disqualification from the competition.
- The organizer will send a registration confirmation email on the registered email ID of the participant.
- Registration for this event will be open for first 100 participants only.
- Each participant will receive a file having 60 English sentences which is expected to be translated into Hindi language. Minimum of 50 English sentences should be translated to Hindi language so as to qualify for “English to Hindi Translation Sprint”. Modifications in English source sentences will result in disqualification of participants.
- Participants can use any Unicode typing mechanism to type the translated sentence into Hindi. (Unicode typing tool, Windows IME, Google typing, etc.)
- It is mandatory for the participants to submit the task by 24th September 2020 by 18:00 hrs.
- The First 100 participants translated work will be reviewed based on the quality of the translated work. The decision will be final and no complaints in this regard will be solicited.
- The ranking will not be communicated to the participants in any circumstances. The result will be announced on 15th October 2020 (tentative).
- Each Participant will be awarded a participation certificate. A soft copy of the certificate will be sent to the registered email id of the participant.
- Participants agree that they will not claim any copyright and/or ownership of any kind on the translated content that they have submitted.
- Each participant declares that they have read, understood and agreed to all the rules, regulations/terms & conditions
- C-DAC reserves all the rights, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these rules at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever to the participants.
Registration process info and announcement
- Registration will start from 14th September 2020 and will closed on 18th September 2020 by 18:00 hrs.
Check the result
|1||Mr. Virendra Singh Rawat||First Prize|
|2||Mr. Shiwam Awasthi||First Prize|
|3||Mr. Prince Dubey||Second Prize|
|4||Ms. Shikha||Second Prize|
|5||Ms. Devanshi Mehta||Second Prize|
|6||Mr. Kul Prasad Upadhyay||Third Prize|
|7||Dr. Padmavathi||Third Prize|
|8||Ms. Renu||Third Prize|
- The decision of the organizers will be final and no complaint in this regard will be solicited.
- Each registered user will be awarded a participation e-certificate.
- First Prize - Rs. 5000/- each (for 2 participants)
- Second Prize - Rs. 3000/- each (for 3 participants)
- Third Prize - Rs. 1500/- each (for 3 participants)
Terms & Conditions
Following are the Terms & Conditions for the Participation in the Program
Voluntary Participation : This event is completely voluntary in nature. Participant should read all the information on this website before registration for the event. C-DAC will not be responsible for any loss/ damages whether direct or consequential in nature arising out of this event.
Communications : No communication in this regard shall be entertained on Phone or Email. Complete process of participation is available on this website.
Disclaimer / Disputes : All rights in connection with this event are exclusively reserved with C-DAC. Participants in this competition does not have any right to raise disputes/ issues of any nature. Courts in Pune shall have exclusive Jurisdiction to hear any legal matters/ disputes in this regard.
For further information please contact
C-DAC Innovation Park
S. No. 34/B1, 4th Floor,
Pune - 411 008